Monday, July 4, 2022

Playing Cards


I have this obsession with altering playing cards. Yes, you heard me right, playing cards! I am in love with the different possibilities playing cards present for altering purposes. I absolutely love them! 




The set you are looking at I just finished for a swap. Well just three of them went out. I’m hoping she likes them. I kept the rest to use for tucks in my junk journals.









I watched an awesome video a few months ago and couldn’t replace the technique at the time . It was very frustrating because I loved the look of it.









Now a few months later after thinking on it I decided to work the technique my way. I got wonderful results as you can see with my cards.








This is actually the first time I got a glue stick to work on playing cards. I’m telling you that was the most frustrating thing! Here are all these people doing techniques using glue sticks and yeah it wasn’t working for me. 








Sitting down and really working it out with a big success was so gratifying! Then it got me to thinking about the possibilities for the technique. There will be more to come on those thoughts!







I finished off the cards with a washi sticker. A pocket made from the Tim Holtz wall paper. A pice of vintage lace and rhinestone.



I tucked some altered mini playing cards into the pockets. All in all this was a fun little project!



Now on my very messy work desk my next project! Can you imagine the possibilities for these jumbo playing cards?

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment