Wednesday, May 25, 2022

What I Am Up To



I am working on some scrappy layered embellishments. I will be using only what is on my very messy desk. A nice little challenge that! So on to the project!

I started off with finding the base for my layers. I chose a double sided printed card stock.



As you can see I have already torn it into pieces the size I wanted to use.



Choosing one I will start my layers.




Gluing down the second layer to the first I will choose another layer.



The third layer glued down. With that I will choose a Distress Oxide. To give a little effect.



Tim Holtz is my “go to” in the Distress Oxides. Gathered Twigs is one of my favorite colors.



Color added. Now a little something to make it cute.



Finished. You can add something as simple as a butterfly and some string. Or……


Just put together layers and put a washi sticker on top. Or……




With this project you can add anything that you would like to your embellishments. Mass make them so you can have them on hand. Have fun with them. Most of all? Enjoy the process!

I hope that you have enjoyed this post. I will get better as I go at elaborating. If you know me in person I am pretty much to the point and don’t add frills to my words. But I know from experience that I get better at blogging. Please let me know if you have any questions or need help!

The Lion

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lyn, Those are so cute. They will be nice to have stashed for use in a future journal. Happy creating. Judith

    ReplyDelete