Saturday, June 4, 2022

My Newest Project and Items I Use In It

I sat down in my chair the other day and thought about one of the latest tutorials I had watched on making a journal from junk mail envelopes. I thought about all of the envelopes that I have on hand. Not only do I have an abundance of junk mail envelopes but others as well. I use thank you cards, blank cards and Christmas cards of all kinds. But not the envelopes. Well not many of those envelopes. I have also run across and bought a package of unused W2 forms and envelopes at our local goodwill. So I have a bunch of new envelopes with windows.

I thought to myself I need to really start working with these envelopes. Doing something with them. Since I am in the junk journal business I will develop my own designs. So thats what I am doing right now. I do have to confess that I am using and reworking what other ladies have come up with but putting my own twist on it.

So I worked on a new journal for two or three days. That’s the amount of time it takes to make one when you work and have children to take care of!



Here is the front cover. I will be working on a tutorial for it as soon as I am done with the one I am starting on today. In the one pictured above I used quite a few gifts and swap items I received from other ladies.



Here is a picture of the start of my new envelope journal. I already hav the envelopes attached together and ready to work out my design. I will also do a tutorial for this particular one.

If you would like to start collecting things for my tutorial here is a small list.
Some of the main things I will be using for the design are:



Distress oxide. The brand I use is by Ranger the Tim Holtz line. To get the effect I want I will use three to four different inks. 



I will also be using an old book. This particular one is an old biology book from the 1920’s. You can always use whatever book pages you would like. 



I will also use bits of lace and ephemera in my journal. You can choose what you would like to go in your journal.

Happy crafting!

The Lion

No comments:

Post a Comment