Saturday, June 18, 2022

Tags With Prompts

If you ever want a challenge try a tag with prompts. Some of  these projects are really a challenge. We are all use to doing things our own way. Add what we like on our projects. But when we are given certain things we can add to the project then that gives it a whole new twist. Like the tags I just finished. 


The prompts for these tags were:
Stenciling 
An magazine our book image of an animal 
The word June
Something green 
Something pink
A button real or fake
Some lace 

I made some tags from the book page card stock I had made. After that I found some of my stencils not all mind you but some that could do the job. The stenciled image on my tags were made by spraying distressed oxide spray. I use the Tim Holtz brand of Distress Oxide Spray. The color is Shabby Shutters. It does make a nice vintage background for the next items I added to the tags.

The next things added were the magazine images that I found in a stack of Horse Trader magazines that my son in law had given me for my obsession and the word June. I found this in an expired planner that I bought for a marked down price at work. It was expired and only a couple of dollars. For the junk journaling process we don’t have to have anything current unless you need it to be for a project.

For the something pink and something green I used paper flowers. One green one pink. I attached the pink one on top of the green one then added them to tag.

Next was the lace. I added some vintage lace to the tags. I do have a vast amount of it as I am a crazy quilter also. I am happy that both my hobbies kind of blend together. 

Last thing added was the button. Yes, they are real. Have I mentioned that I am a crazy quilter? Well I am all I had to do was choose which one to use in the project.

They did turn out pretty nice. Even if I say so myself.

TTFN
The Lion

No comments:

Post a Comment