Monday, June 6, 2022

The Start of A Journal

A happy day to everyone! I am working out the kinks of a envelope journal. When you are working out a new concept it does take some time and thought. But when you are done? OH Boy! Is it great! So today let’s put together the foundation of our journal!



I am m starting with 6 envelopes the same size. These envelopes have not been used yet and have windows. They belong to a Goodwill find I purchased not too long ago.



You will want to open the flaps of your envelopes. If you have used envelopes you would want to do the same.


I opened a used junk mail envelope to show you. If you have rough edges you will need to trim them.



In the above picture I have marked the fold line on the flaps of the envelopes. This fold is an important part of our process. 



Fold one of the flaps back over. We are getting ready to attach the envelopes together.



The envelopes that I am using come with adhesive tape already. So I just peel the paper back then I will use a glue stick to add more adhesive to help attach the envelope.



With the flap on the second envelope down attach the second envelope to the first to the orange line. As seen in the picture above.



Turn the flap back. Now repeat the process until you have attached the envelopes. When you have the last envelope in hand stop.







With the last envelope cut the flap off then attach the envelope the same as the others.



You now have the foundation pages for your envelope journal.

In my next post I will start the decorating process.

TTFN
The Lion 

No comments:

Post a Comment